- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Regular dental checkups are vital to maintaining your pet’s oral health as well as overall health. As food and other organic particles accumulate on the teeth, a coating is formed known as plaque that hardens and mineralizes into calculus, or tartar. Plaque and tartar contain bacteria that produce toxins, which irritate the gums making them tender, red, and swollen, allowing the plaque and tartar to reach the bone holding the root of the tooth. The result is bone loss commonly known as Periodontal Disease.
When the gums bleed, this allows the bacteria to enter the bloodstream where it can then travel to vital organs like the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, and nervous system and cause major infections. Ask us if professional dental cleanings are required for your pet’s teeth today!
At home preventative dental care is simple and can be very effective. Follow these guidelines for maintaining your pet’s oral hygiene:
- Brush your pet’s teeth regularly. Using a finger brush or small sized toothbrush together with C.E.T. Enzymatic Toothpaste in mint or poultry flavours is helpful in maintaining good oral health.
· Feed specially developed food such as Medi-Cal’s Dental Diet. It is enzymatically formulated to prevent tarter formation.
· Provide rawhide, hard rubber or nylon chews for your dog. C.E.T. Chews for dogs and cats are treated with enzymes to breakdown plaque buildup on the teeth of your pet.
· C.E.T. Mouth rinse for animals eliminates bad breath in dogs and cats. It’s as simple as adding 1 teaspoon per quart of your pet’s drinking water.
· Regular professional assessment by your veterinarian is the most effective way to ensure good dental health of your pet.
Call us to schedule a dental checkup for your pet. We will answer your questions about your best friend’s oral health.
Sign-up using the form or call us at 250-545-8200 to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
|Monday||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am||2:00 pm|
|8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||10:00 am||Closed|
|5:00 pm||5:00 pm||5:00 pm||5:00 pm||5:00 pm||2:00 pm||Closed|
Finding a superb vet was a priority for our 13 year old Collie, Braidie. We were extremely fortunate to discover Dr. Ringness who is deeply caring and supportive of her patients and their humans. She explains treatment options clearly and works with us. The best testimony is that Braidie, a “frequent flyer” at Crescent Falls Vet Hospital, used to be afraid at other clinics, but now she waltzes confidently through the door to be greeted by the friendly, relaxed, efficient Staff.